Thursday, July 12, 2007

The Fun of a Good Flirt....Part 3

…”Standard Eight then”, he asks as he begins the pointless search for a good house cue.

“Sure. You can use my cue if ya want. None of those are worth a damn.” I hand tomcat my cue and drop three quarters into the table’s coin slots. “I’ll rack you break?”

Tomcat is still standing behind me as I bend over to retrieve the balls from the drop box and begin to set them into the frame. I can feel his eyes coveting my body as I repeatedly bend over. I look behind me under my right arm. “Whatcha lookin at?”

“Just making sure you know what you’re doin. Nice rack by the way.”

I smile and pull the frame away. “Your break Tomcat.”

“Why do you keep calling me that? My name is…”

“Don’t really care what your name is.” I smile sweetly so as not to offend him by my disinterest.

“Can I ask yours at least?”

“You can ask but that doesn’t mean I’m gonna tell ya.”

“It Jo,” a voice rings out from my group of friends. Betrayed by my own. Damn it! I scowl openly at the group. They must have some serious money riding on Tomcat.

“Jo huh? Well nice to meet you I’m Scott”, he offers me his hand. I shake it looking into his eyes, smiling.

“Your break Tomcat,” I repeat and he grins. He walks around the table and bends over to break as I stand at the opposite end of the table, hands on the rail, leaning over just enough to where he can see slightly down my shirt and the devilish little smile playing on my lips.

“JO,” Sheri yells on her way over to the table. “What are you doing girl? You know league starts in 5 minutes. Come on I’ll give ya your money back.” I shrug at Tomcat and follow Sheri back to the bar where she hands me my seventy five cents and a shot of Jack.

Tomcat sets my cue down and starts to make his way over to me but is cut off by Youngblood who is returning from the bathroom. “So you gonna tell me your name yet,” he asks.

“Her name is Jo,” says a voice from behind him. Tomcat is not stepping back this time and sidesteps his friend to stand beside me.


“Hey Scott,” Youngblood sighs. “I saw you two settin up for a game. Is it over already?”

I glance up at Tomcat. “Not quite yet Youngblood.” A puzzled look crosses his face.

“What’d you call me?”

“Youngblood,” I state simply.

Tomcat waves a dismissive hand at his young friend. “Don’t ask.”

“So can I buy you another drink,” Youngblood asks as he moves just a bit closer. I am starting to feel a little claustrophobic trapped between these two. He places his hand on my arm as he attempts to turn me back towards the bar.

“No thanks. Switched to coffee a little while ago. Why don’t ya buy one for Tomcat here,” I ask as I signal back over my shoulder.

“He can buy his own,” he scowls. I shrug and head back over to my table. Tomcat and Youngblood seem to be having a rather heated discussion back at the bar and I smile sinfully at my girls. It will be time to go soon so I must make my final play shortly.

“Tomcat,” I yell across the room as I wave him over. I step away from the group as he walks up to me.

“You called,” he says with a playful smile.

“I have to get going soon so I just wanted to say thanks for hangin out.”

“So should we hang out again sometime,” he asks hopefully.

“Well obviously I am here a lot. So you know where to find me.”

“Can I get your number? Maybe we could go out sometime?”

“I don’t think so.” My coldness is coming through now and he starts to get curious.

“Come on. I think we would have a great time. I am really into you.”

I laugh. “Yeah cause you know so much about me right?”

“That’s the point of getting your number.” He walks over to the bar and asks Sheri for a pen as he grabs a napkin. He hands them to me. “You know you want to give it to me.”


And that my friends were the words that lost him the game. “Ok sure.” I take the napkin and write down my number. “Call me later tonight k?” I give him a brief hug and return one last time to my table to say my farewells.

LATER THAT NIGHT:

Tomcat dials: 623-555-1234

In deep announcer voice:

You have reached the rejection line. Obviously the person who gave you this number did not want you to have their real number. This does not in any way mean that you should try to contact this person again. THEY ARE NOT INTERESTED!! If you see them, walk away. Do not try and talk to them, do not bring up this message and for christ’s sake stop buying them drinks.

Thank you for calling….have a nice day.

~click~







7 comments:

Unknown said...

So brutal Darlin dear...Poor fella...Please keep us updated if he should turn up at the bar again...

(sigh)

Darlin_Jo said...

Poor fella? He got way too cocky towards the end...his true colors started coming out when he realized I wasn't going home with him...he has come back in and asked me what that was about. I just walked away.

~Darlin~

The Gredge said...

Sounds to me like someone's pretty full of themself...

Anonymous said...

COME ON! Great read, I'm still lookin' down that blouse....methinks the lady MAY have some issues with the opposite sex.....Funny ending, though, I've had some pals in the past that should have gotten that recording....Tomcat was cocky, but maybe just a little right? Hmmmm
Mike

Darlin_Jo said...

I knew I was gonna get attacked for this...lol. There will be a follow up post to this that explains my ways. Fear not!

~Darlin~

Unknown said...

(sits quietly in corner)

Keith's Ramblings said...

.....funny you should say that! I am that smart man sitting in the corner. I'm smart enough not to move in Darlin's direction! Look and learn!