Okay, here's the deal: you've been hand picked by someone who likes you to fill out this survey. It's a great boredom buster and at the end you get to pick your own 5 people to fill it out. If you don't fill it out, the person that sent this to you will hunt you down and kill you -- not really, but it's fun so keep it going! Once you post your answers, pick 5 people of your own to do it. Have fun!
1. What is your middle name: Jo
2. Color pants are you wearing? Blue jeans
3. What are you listening to now? My boss talk to her husband
4. What was the last thing you had to drink? coffee
5. Do you wish on stars? Yes....
6. If you were a crayon, what color would you be? Burnt orange
7. How is the weather right now? clear skies, 100 degrees and muggy
8. Last person you spoke to on the phone? My boss before she got to work
9. Do you like the person who sent this to you? He's alright
10. Favorite drink? Jack Daniels
11. Favorite sport? Boxing
12. Hair color? Brown
13. Siblings? 4 sisters, 3 brothers (I am the baby girl)
14. Favorite month: October....that's when Halloween is!!!
15. Favorite food? Pizza
16. What was the last movie you saw? Theatre-Transformers Home-The Zodiac
17. Favorite day of the year: HALLOWEEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!
18. What do you do to vent anger? drive fast or drink....NEVER the two combined!
19. What was your favorite toy as a child? My G.I. Joes
20. Summer or winter? SUMMER baby
21. Hugs or kisses? Kisses....soft ones, hard ones, short ones, long ones, sweet innocent ones, or naughty naughty NAUGHTY ones
22. Car or motorcycle? Motorcycle
23. Chocolate or vanilla? Vanilla
24. Do you want your friends to do this? Most of them already have
25. Who is most likely to do this self-survey? Not sure...most have already done it
26. Who is least likely to respond? Hera...I think she was abducted by the Helium police
27. When was the last time you cried? Friday when I signed the papers for my house
28. What is under your bed? My dog
29. Who is the friend you have had the longest? My step-mom....27 years and counting
30. What did you do last night? Went to the movies and rented a movie.....
31. What are you afraid of? Dying slowly....spiders
32. Plain or buttered or salted popcorn? Butter, butter up to the sky
33. Favorite car?
34. Favorite flower? sunflowers and daisies
35. How many keys on your key ring? 6
36. How many years at your current job? 9 months
37. What did you do on your last birthday? Cried and drank...my grandmother passed on my birthday so I don't really like to do anything
38. How many states have you lived in? 6- Washington, Oregon, California, Arizona, New Mexico and Georgia
39. Did you have fun with this? Sure
40. Who are you going to send this to? Man...everyone I know has done it....let's try Hera, Mark, Patt, toadee and Mutters
Tuesday, July 24, 2007
Ember stared at herself in the mirror. Her eyes didn’t seem that blue anymore, she could spot gray hairs amidst the brown without even leaning towards the mirror and the bags under her eyes aged her well beyond her 33 years. She sighed deeply and walked into the kitchen. She opened the cabinet above the stove and took down the fifth of Jack she kept stashed behind the bags of sugar. She grabbed a shot glass from her large collection that lined the top of her stove. This particular tall, skinny one was her favorite. She had found it while browsing the local Goodwill store. The wolf etched into the side of the glass looked very much like the one she had tattooed on her left shoulder. Too much of a coincidence and she had had to buy it.
The smell of stout whiskey drifted up to her nose as she opened the bottle and poured the first shot. She hesitated, staring at the tiny glass in her hand, almost afraid of the warming relief it would bring. But in the end the need to relax and go numb for a while won out and she downed the shot. Shaking her head she made that slight growl in the back of her throat as the whiskey seared its way down. She couldn’t remember when she had stopped drinking beer and the fruity drinks she and her girlfriends used to enjoy creating, but nowadays she was a straight whiskey girl. She didn’t even really like the taste but she loved the way it lit a trail down her throat to her warm her belly and liked that its effect’s were quick.
She poured another shot while standing at the kitchen counter, not hesitating this time to drink it down. Another shake and growl. She walked over to the fridge, noting that she needed a manicure as she grabbed the handle and pulled it open. She snagged a Pepsi and made a mental note to clean the fridge out at her earliest convenience. Some of the food was on the verge of talking it had been there so long.
She abandoned the shot glass at the sink, grabbed the bottle of whiskey off the counter and plopped down on the couch. She sat cross-legged with the bottle nestled in her lap and lit a cigarette, enjoying the fact that there was no one there to complain about her smoking in the house. As she leaned over to set the Pepsi on the coffee table her hair fell across the end of her cigarette that dangled from her lips sending the smell of smoldering hair into the air. She hardly noticed, swept her hair back over her shoulder and sat back. She took a long draw of the bottle, chasing it this time with a little Pepsi to soften the burn.
Ember thought long and hard about what she would do this evening. She was already feeling a pretty good buzz and she wondered if it was a good idea to drive. But as she took another pull off the bottle she noted that it was already emptied below the halfway point and would not last the night.