Thursday, July 12, 2007

Explanations.....

...Ok so a few people are actually feeling bad for ole Tomcat. And I think someone even made that comment that I have issues with men. Well please don't fell bad for Tomcat. I am not naive when it comes to the ways of man, nor am I foolish enough to believe that just because a guy says his intentions are true does not mean he is telling the truth. Men, like any other animal, haVE learned to adapt to their environment. If blowing smoke up some girl's ass about how he has searched endlessly for "the one" to no avail and how he is ready to give up on love, gets him laid, then more power to him. I put the fault on the woman for falling for it. I really do not believe that anyone, male or female can claim to be ignorant when it comes to the ways of the opposite sex and their mating rituals.

Dr. Ruth, Dr. Phil, Oprah, MTV, Bravo and the E Network have provided more than enough educational shows on these practices. We are living in a world filled with programs that show us the true side of dating. Women have known for years how men really are. That a man's main concern is sex and that just because he sleeps with you the first night you meet does not mean he wants a damn relationship. But for some reason women continue to delude themselves into thinking that because they are so gosh darn unique that he will see this and realize he can't get you out of his head. ITS NOT GOING TO HAPPEN!! If you went home with him the first night you are most likely never going to hear from him again UNLESS he wants to get laid. And even then it will probably only be because he couldn't get it from a new piece.

Now don't get me wrong. I have a lot of respect for men and their prowess. As educated as women are these days these guys continue to get you into bed and then break your hearts. That is a pretty impressive thing to me that they can keep fooling women. And I am not saying that every man is like this. There are good guys out there, but if he is trying to get you in bed the first time he meets you, its a pretty safe bet that he is not one of the good guys.

My explanation is this. I love men. I love playing the flirting game with them. I love seeing the high they get off of thinking they have netted another one. And I love knowing that I know the truth and that I am not falling for it. Men are incredibly fun to be around if you can relax and stop trying to size up whether they are marriage material or not. I knew what Tomcat was up to.

However, if you are going to play their game ladies you better be able to play rough and hard. No soft hearts allowed. We get tired of picking up the pieces and drying the tears!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, I guess you told me! Never my intention to offend, i was only commenting on what I read, which, by the way, I enjoyed. I have never liked broad generalizations and it seems to me its very easy to do it to men. I got the feeling from the story that you (I 'm unsure if it is an actual encounter or if this is fictionalized so I'm refering to the "you" in the story)approached the situation with a certain cynical or hard edged flirt. You persued the attention and wanted it from someone older and more confident. His line about you wanting him to call was a little over the top and I can understand that being a turnoff.

I'm not pointing to any individual action-but the overall feeling of the piece is one of a woman that has a very cynical approach to men and relationships. Thats what I meant by the "issues" comment. I don't know you or your backround, so you may have really good reasons to feel that way. Maybe I'm misjudging you and you don't feel that way at all. That was just my impression of the story you wrote.

I do wish we could all get past this attitude about all men or all women being this way or that way. We're all individuals and I think we lose so much by deciding in advance how someone is based on their skin color or religion or race......or gender.

Finally, all relationships start somewhere....I'm married 14 years and that one started out in a bar and then the bedroom. In fact, she was my bartender and I was a very cocky and confident young man.....

Great story Darlin-hope I didn't offend

Darlin_Jo said...

Mike...no offense taken at all...just gives people a little better view into my head...

Again I have no issues with men. I am just beating them at their own game without giving away the most precious thing I possess...ME!

~Darlin~

Unknown said...

Well, that sums it all up quite nicely! Although I didn't really feel sorry for Mr. 'Tomcat'

Anonymous said...

AHHHHHHHHHHHH! You win, but can we agree that you beat that "man" at "his " game rather than beat "men" at "their" game? jeez, its tough bein' me....

Keith's Ramblings said...

Don't know what to say! And you look so sweet and inocent in the pic with your Dad!

William said...

No sorry feelings for Tomcat here either, nor any immense feelings of respect for the cougar. Both were playing a game and this time the cougar won. Oh, by the way... TAG... you're it... for an explanation of this, visit my blog!

Sophia said...

Darlin -- very well said indeed!! I only wish I had you to teach me the ways when I was younger...I had to learn the hard way!