Monday, July 21, 2008

Volunteering and life goals.....

Told ya'll I would be on here more often.

I finally heard back from my local animal shelter and will be signing up for their volunteer program. I have to take a volunteer training class on August 16th and then I am off and running on my first step towards me new goal of becoming a dog trainer.

"Starting out to make money is the greatest mistake in life.
Do what you feel you have a flair for doing, and if you are good enough at it, the money will come."
Greer Garson-Winner of the 1943 Academy Award for best actress

I have reached a place in life where I have realized that anything is possible. I have so many goals now I have had to narrow them down to the top ones and focus on those.

1. Become a licensed dog trainer
2. Open a pit bull rescue shelter
3. Buy a home in Northern Arizona (its cooler for the dogs)
4. Open a Bed and Breakfast (all my friends can come visit)
5. Quit smoking (doing this within the next few weeks)
6. Lose 20lbs. and get back in shape

Five and six will actually happen first but I will have all of these accomplished by Sept. 15, 2013. That gives me 6 years (my 40th birthday) to get it all done and then some.

More to come.

~Darlin~

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

7. Keep blogging!

Best of luck with you list. I'll be watching you!!

Head Cookie said...

You go girl!!! Wish you luck with all those goals. I to have the dream of opening a B&B. Hugs to you Love jadey

KB said...

Woohoo! I keep saying I will volunteer at my local SPCA but never get around to it. Thanks for reminding me.