Thursday, July 17, 2008

Finding My Passion

Most people who visit my blog know how passionate I am about my Pit Bull, Butter. She is my baby girl. I recently started reading the book "The Success Principles". It is a wonderful book that has made me re-evaluate my life and what I am doing with it. Although I like my job and love owning my own company, landscaping is not a passion for me. One of the first exercises in "The Success Principles" is to look inside yourself for what you are truly passionate about and for me I realized that that was my dog (outside of my children of course).

My baby girl is constantly looked down on and feared simply because of her breed. Ignorance has created hatred and hatred has created fear. So on August 6th I will begin my education to become a licensed dog trainer! I am so excited! My ulitimate goal is to open a Pit Bull rescue shelter but I will also take on classes and private lessons for clients also (outside of everyone in my family asking me to train their dogs for free).

I am giving you my word that I will now begin writing here at least 4 times a week. Most of them will involve my exercises from "The Success Principles" so you will probably be getting some pretty deep insight into ME.

On a side note...I took my 13 year old daughter to the doctor yesterday and as we were sitting in the waiting room she was reading over my shoulder. She made the comment that she wished they made a book like this ("The Success Principles") for teenagers. Well guess what...they do!! So she begged and pleaded and I of course went up and bought it. We have now made a promise to each other to discuss what we read that day at the end of the night before bed.

I will post again soon....

~Darlin~

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great to see you back! I think I'd be a bit scared to read that book. I'm sure it would reinforce what I already know but refuse to admit or face. I'm looking forward to seeing how you get on!

Head Cookie said...

Wonderful idea. What a great thing for the two of you to do together.