Wednesday, September 5, 2007

The Gifts Keep On Comin"

"It's here....IT'S HERE!" The words rang through the house like a bomb going off. We didn't even see it tucked behind the pillar next to our front door at first but as I returned to the car for the second load of groceries today there is was. The Helium gift.

My younger two clamored to be the one to deliver it to Sophie. They had been told it was coming and not to tell her. They amazingly did not. But soon Sophie was roused from her room by all the ruckus. "Whats here'" she asked spying the package I had wrestled away from my son.

I held it out to her and asked her if she remembered all the friends I talked about on Helium, the ones who's stories we read and who's blogs we visited. Her eyes lit up as she shook her head vigorously up and down. "This is from them," I said setting it on the counter for her to examine. I grabbed a knife and carefully (yes carefully CD) cut through the tape and held back the flaps as she pushed through the styrofoam peanuts to retrieve her present. She tried her hardest to pull the box out and finally looked at me with a lack of patience.

I pulled it out to a squeal of delight.
I think dogs started to go crazy for at
least a mile around. "Oh mama...LOOK! Its perfect. It's my
first music thing for my music room!"



Really and truly my friends you could not have done a better job on selecting a gift. It is truly something that will stay with her always....perhaps now she will even take up the drums.

Wait a minute....YOU GUYS DID THIS ON PURPOSE DIDN'T YOU?!?!?

Thanks to all who put in for this. I don't know what else I can say except you all made us feel very special and loved.

~Darlin & Sophie~

4 comments:

Head Cookie said...

Rock on Girl! She looks so very happy. I am glad to see her smiling and hopefully this means she is feeling better.

Magdalen Islands said...

My but she looks so happy! Sophie and your other two are so special. You are lucky ~Darlin~

G-Man said...

Darlin Jo..
Thanks for the visit this week..
Your daughter looks happy in spite of her situation!
And she is beautiful just like her Mom!!
Galen

Unknown said...

I'm pleased that you enjoyed your gift Sophie. It was well thought out by Erich and myself before placing the order.

Thanks to your mama's input, we were able to choose something that would accompany you through the passing of 'time'...

~hugs~